Here's a problem that needs to be solved or an idea for a social change app ...

An app/website where residents of the same building can collectively raise money for green projects

This idea was inspired by NYC's new solar map (http://nycsolarmap.com/) where each buildings solar potential is shown. Projects like solar panels mounted on the roof or the installment of a green roof can be suggested by one building resident accompanied by an amount of money that they would be willing to give to the project. Then they could email their neighbors or post the project on facebook. The residents could either anonymously pledge money or make their names visible for the neighbors to see. Goals can be set and green projects could be worked for in a community effort. This will also inspire neighboring buildings to compete to be the most environmentally friendly and for residents to pledge the most money for their building. This competition would be perfect to launch this product, it would give it legitimacy and trust of the building residents. Government incentives could be listed in order to aid the progression of the pledges. The site could also coordinate the installments of the projects and make sure a trustworthy and fair contractor is used. I believe this idea has enormous potential to speed up the transition to renewable energy in our cities.

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe DorfmanJoe Dorfman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This is perfect for any city that shares building space. A lot of people welcome the idea, but don't know how to collaborate, raise funds, etc. Great idea!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base