Here's a problem that needs to be solved or an idea for a social change app ...

An app that connects knowledgeable locals to newbies or tourists

An app that could connect tourists to people that are willing to help. The tourist would approach a helper that has a QR code on his sleeve or shirt. After scanning the code, one could confirm that this helper is indeed helpful and receive information/directions from this person (potentially for a mild incentive).

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    afess shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eoin Griffin commented  · 

This is an interesting idea, but i'd suggest a different implementation. In this idea, i'm assuming the facebook connect api could allow an app to determine the locations that a user has "checked in".
        If so, it would be a simple task to direct a tourist requesting help (via an android or iphone app for example) to a person who has allowed themselves to be requested as guides. The app could allow for 2 way text communication to facilitate it.

Very doable, though it would take some good marketing to get people to use the app.

• afess commented  · 

Yes, sorry I didn't really make that clear. On your sleeve would be something recognizable for the people that own the app. I envision a neon orange band with the QR code on it. The idea is that I could easily approach someone or tap them on the shoulder to ask them for help and quickly scan the QR code.

Feedback and Knowledge Base