This one's from @AndaPR:
A bike map / transport app for people to crowdsource and rate safe bike riding routes in Oakland.
- Build it on map existing bike lanes
- Provide aggregated news updates about lanes to be added in the future and other relevant commute stuff.
- Include a carbon calculator so they can figure out how much they're saving by biking as opposed to driving, taking a bus or train.
- Include a way to crowdsource incidences that people encounter. Let them and others use it as an opportunity to make / suggest community improvements
- Include details about where to connect with other transit. You can use already available data from BART. They make their API available to developers.
Eliza Wee (ewee) commented
I'm out of votes! Or I'd vote this up...